Studio Lighting 101
Studio Lighting 101 workshop is a fundamental workshop for learning about flash in a studio environment. If you are ready to start learning about lighting and flash using studio flashes this is definitely a workshop for you!
This 3 hour workshop includes a model for you to practice.
Fee is $99 per person. You need to know how to use manual mode for this class.
• Equipment 101 - basics of studio lighting equipment
• Demonstration of lighting techniques for portrait creation
• How to use one studio light (flash) in many different ways
• How to set up the light - height, position, power
• Where to place the light and why
• Camera settings
• Light modifiers
• Metering light with flash: the two ways of doing it
• Controlling light
If you are getting to the point where you would like to explore studio lighting, this is the perfect introductory class.
After you take this class, you will have a foundation so you can play with studio lights and get ready for other workshops, such as low key lighting, high key lighting, lighting styles, etc.
Requirement to attend the class:
• Basic knowledge of photography. It is a beginner’s class on studio lighting
• A DSLR camera
• You need to know how to use MANUAL mode in your camera
• You need to have a standard hot shoe on your camera or an adapter to a universal hot shoe so you can use the triggers that work with the wireless studio flash system I will have in class.
• If your a camera brand is not Canon or Nikon, check your manual (Sony and other brands sometimes are not compatible; they would need an adapter to standard universal hot shoe)