I will be hosting Introduction to Studio Lighting and Posing for those interested in improving their photography skills using studio flash.
I will cover:
• Equipment 101 - basics of studio lighting equipment (covered in "How to setup a home studio" workshop)
• Demonstration of lighting techniques for portrait creation
• Do's and don'ts for basic posing
• How to use one studio light (flash) in many different ways
• How to set up the light - height, position, power
• Where to place the light and why
• Camera settings
• Light modifiers
• Metering light with flash: the two ways of doing it
• Controlling light
If you are getting to the point where you would like to explore studio lighting, this is the perfect introductory class.
After you take this class, you will have a foundation so you can play with studio lights and get ready for other workshops, such as low key lighting, high key lighting, lighting styles, etc.
Requirement to attend the class:
• Basic knowledge of photography. It is a beginner’s class on studio lighting
• A DSLR camera
• You need to use MANUAL mode in your camera (I will explain settings)
• You need to have a standard hot shoe on your camera or an adapter to a standard hot shoe so you can use my triggers to control the wireless system (Sony and other brands sometimes are not compatible)
This workshop is 4 hours long and will include a model for you to practice.
Minimum of 4 people.
Bring cash. Fee is $ 80 per person attending.